LFS Boot Cd

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 22 06:23:09 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm finishing up a boot cd that I've been working on for myself and for
the convenience of a few personal friends that are interested in LFS'ing
for the first time.  The cd is basically a LFS 5.1.1 system but also
includes wget, lynx, reiserfsprogs, a dhcp client, all the source
packages and patches for LFS 5.1.1, the LFS 5.1.1 book in HTML format
and the BLFS 5.1 book in HTML.  The iso is about 310 MB (I've also
removed all the documentation.)

I'll also be branching at this point and making another iso from the
same base but adding X, a Window Manager (haven't decided which yet, any
suggestions?) a browser, most likely Firefox, and lastly a 2.6.7 kernel
for use in building the LFS 6 series.

I'll be making both of these available for download shortly, the first
iso is about ready to go, just wondering if anyone is interested in them
or has suggestions for anything else to include on the cd.

Btw, there are only a few modules currently that get loaded at boot-
time, the aic7xxx SCSI module, tulip and 3c59x. There are several other
modules built and included, they just don't get loaded. Some drivers I
have built into the kernel, like SCSI cd support & pcmcia. For three of
my (very different!) systems, this is enough to get them up and running
including a network connection.  Any other modules that (based on
popular use) should be included?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

--
Jeremy Huntwork