glibc configure don't work in lfs-6.0-testing-20040722

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Thu Jul 22 13:35:56 PDT 2004

Hi, actually I think the problem is in GCC configuration in the first
pass of chapter 5. To compile glibc (pass 1) I had to put LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib"
in its configure command line. For unknown reasons (by me), gcc refuses to
look for libraries in /usr/lib. This way it doesn't link the binary with
libc.a, and then those _libc_csu_init and _libc_csu_fini doesn't get
linked in.

My host gcc is 3.4.1, libc 2.3.2, kernel 2.6.7.

regards,
rod