CFLAGS doesn't get unset on chapter5

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 22 17:03:30 PDT 2004

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima wrote:

> I had another problem with compiling glibc in that it refused to
> recognise the correct kernel headers. After some while I discovered that
> the environment variable CFLAGS that I have set in my host was the
> culprit. I'd like to know why the environment isn't cleaned up by the
> action 'user', or if you could add <variable name="CPATH"></variable>
> to LFS.xml.

Apparently you are running an LFS profile with nALFS, which means this
discussion should be occurring on alfs-discuss, not lfs-dev.

The LFS profile _does_ forcibly unset any CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS you have set
in your environment before running any commands to build the toolchain.
I don't know why this would not have worked in your case, it works for
all of our test builds.

> PS: I'm running nALFS-6.0-unstable-20040722

What is this? There is no package called this anywhere on the LFS site.