r3963 - in trunk/bootscripts: . lfs/init.d

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 22 19:33:29 PDT 2004

nathan at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

> +	install --backup=numbered -m 754 lfs/sysconfig/network-devices/ifup                       ${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices
> +	install --backup=numbered -m 754 lfs/sysconfig/network-devices/ifdown                     ${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices
> +	install --backup=numbered -m 754 lfs/sysconfig/network-devices/services/ipv4-static       ${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices/services
> +	install --backup=numbered -m 754 lfs/sysconfig/network-devices/services/ipv4-static-route ${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices/services

Hmm, I'm not sure about these last four. These are not really
"configuration" files even though they are in a subdirectory of
/etc/sysconfig.

A case could be made for preserving the old version on a new install,
but then we'd have to do that for all the files in /etc/rc.d/init.d as
well to be consistent. I'd rather see the Makefile just overwrite these
four files, but use --backup=numbered for any true "configuration" files
that are installed.