LFS Boot Cd

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 23 23:10:55 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 12:28 -0500, James Robertson wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> > Okay, working on it. Just finished compiling the 2.6.7 kernel.  I'll
> > test it and then look at the other packages you mentioned.  If you don't
> > mind helping me test this cd, I'd really appreciate it.  I could use
> > some input from someone with different machines (and a different
> > perspective.)
>
> Yea, I'll test when you get that stuff on it.  I have lots of hardware
> types to test on.

Hi James,

I've added the packages you requested and both the stable and unstable
nALFS profiles.  Those are both located in /root/profiles.  I put them
there so they can be writable as /root is mounted on a ramdisk along
with a few other directories.

Let me know what you think, please.  That goes for anyone else who tries
this cd out... ;)  I'm sure that there will need to be some adjustments
with the kernels, and perhaps a few other things.

You can find the iso here:
http://www.jenacon.net/bootcd/

For obvious reasons, I'd prefer that anyone downloading this use the bz2
file if at all possible, but I left the unzipped iso there, too, if you
really need that.
A 350 MB iso and 200 MB zipped - not bad, I'd say!

BTW, if this cd actually becomes useful to a number of people, I
wouldn't mind some help hosting it, if anyone out there has some
bandwidth they'd like to kill :) I don't really have a whole lot to
spare.