A sad day indeed

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 25 22:36:32 PDT 2004

zippo wrote:

> I am here to show you all what just happened. As some of you know, i was a OP in #lfs-support, and #be-lfs for several months. Today i was ejected. Why you ask? Because i wasn't willing to condemn a man, and then said i was going to show the LFS people what happened. This log has no been tampered nor changed. It's price was my ejection from the LFS project. Weather this gets my ban removed, or anything i just want you all to see what has become.

I find it truly amazing that anyone would react so strongly to posting
of a log from an IRC channel hosted on the LFS IRC server. However, was
the channel this exchange occurred in a public one or a private one? If
the latter, then the users of that channel have an expectation of
privacy and any efforts to log and publicize the channel contents are a
violation of that privacy. That does not mean that you couldn't come
here and tell use what happened in your own words, but posting an actual
log from a private channel would be a no-no, IMHO.

However, if this channel is a public channel, then anyone who thinks
logs from that channel should not be posted in other places should
really rethink their opinion.