A sad day indeed

Nick Fotopoulos weasel at beyondnormal.org
Mon Jul 26 18:01:18 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 09:08 +1000, zeps at ihug.com.au wrote:
> True it is, A lot of people are being removed for association with the
> hive project. And the only explination thats been offered so far is
> because of the actions of Zack.
>
> Its like nuking a city because 1 guy did the wrong thing.
> Ive have left #lfs-support, I belive the aproach taken by Ronald
> removing anyone who had or has associations with Hive or Zack, Is
> completly the wrong way to go. Especilly if you dont want them to join
> the fork.
> Were else are they going to go?
>
> Regarding what Zack has suposidly done, So far the owner of the machine
> has taken no legal actions. Makes me wonder how seriously he is actually
> taking it, Compared to Ronald.

I think Jeremy took it pretty seriously, but he also handled things in a
mature, and rational manner.  Very much unlike Ronald, who is known for
his lashing out over stupid things.  He didn't go banning everyone who
refused to de-friend Zack, thats for sure.

--
Nick Fotopoulos

"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."