Change to glibc build instructions -- RFC

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue Jul 27 02:13:52 PDT 2004

After a few discussions with Kevin and Ryan, about our current glibc
build I believe we need to make the following changes to it.

Add --with-__thread, this will fix a glibc issue with --with-tls.
Add --enable-kernel=2.6.0 this will make the glibc specific to the 2.6
build (can be enable-kernel=2.4 for 2.4.x builds)

Remove pt_chown removal -- This is still required by programs, don't
know why it was removed.

This change may add a failure to the test suite, but I'm still checking
that out.

I have posted the updated pages for view at my web site.

http://documents.jg555.com/lfs/chapter05/glibc.html
http://documents.jg555.com/lfs/chapter06/glibc.html

--
------