LFS Book 5.1.1 Compile Problem

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 27 05:59:28 PDT 2004

Arman (Armish) Aksoy wrote:
> Hi,
> I am translating the XML files of The LFS Book to Turkish, and sometimes
> need to know how it is look like. So I go into the xml directory and use
> this command:
>
> make
>
> and get this error:
>
> xsltproc --xinclude --nonet -stringparam chunk.quietly 0 \
>   -stringparam base.dir ~/lfs-book/ stylesheets/lfs-chunked.xsl \
>   index.xml
> Attempt to load network entity
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.65.1/xhtml/chunk.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.65.1/xhtml/chunk.xsl"
> compilation error: file stylesheets/lfs-chunked.xsl line 11 element
> import
> xsl:import : unable to load
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.65.1/xhtml/chunk.xsl
> make: *** [lfs] Error 5
>
> I think error is clear, but don't know what to do...
>
> Thanks..

There is a README file in the root of the XML sources download.  In
there it gives explicit instructions getting everyting setup.  I think
that you do not have your /etc/xml/docbook file setup right.  There is a
way to get xlstproc to not download or read from the internet the main
files as they are on your local box.

James