LFS Boot Cd

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Wed Jul 28 19:47:23 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:
> 4.  If we want a potential user to be able to follow the book
> explicitly, then /mnt needs to be writable somehow so a /mnt/lfs dir
> and mount point can be used.

Why not just put a /mnt/lfs directory on the CD image?

Even if the directory itself is readonly, the user should still be able
to mount another partition on it -- it just has to exist.

Alternately, /mnt could be a very small ramfs, with just enough space
for a few directories.  The user would create these directories.

Or do as Chris & Jeremy do, and muck around a bit with pivot_root.  ;-)

Anyway, just a couple more ideas.