Cross-lfs

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Wed Jul 28 21:09:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 19:50, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Since it seems everyone is rolling up to the lists to announce new
> LFS-ish projects I thought I'd add to the list.
>
> For those not following -hackers, myself and fellow hacker Finn Thain
> have been hammering away for a fair while now on a full cross-build
> replacement for the ch5 toolchain build method.
>
> The build method has predominately been tested so far from
> i686-pc-linux-gnu (with a few builds from sparc-sun-solaris2.9, that
> needs more work) to other architectures.

Am I correct that this is a set of scripts, as opposed to a book?  I
would really like to see a book just like the LFS book for doing a cross
build.  I have just started working from a version of these scripts to
produce the text for such a book (no actual words just yet).  If anybody
else is interested in this, or is doing this let me know.

--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."