Cross-lfs

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed Jul 28 21:16:25 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:
>Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Since it seems everyone is rolling up to the lists to announce new
>> LFS-ish projects I thought I'd add to the list.
>
>I have been wondering what all that really technical stuff was about.
>
>that sounds great. Are you calling it PLFS^2?

Finn was considering "Linux From Hell" ;-)

Funnily enough this is pretty much the logical extension of plfs
(in fact it evolved out of the old plfs scripts), _total_ divorce from
the host.

Standard uni-arch cross-builds were sorted a fair while ago, took a
little time to get bi-arch cross-toolchains (not to mention
cross-building the target-native bi-arch toolchains) sorted...

Still have to see if the scripts hold together for a host=target
cross-build (as we effectively do now ch5), but that would only be
minor tinkering.

Also still have to sort out some minor quibbles with the Solaris to
Linux builds (will be firing a build up tomorrow)

Fun Fun Fun ;-)

[R]