A sad day indeed

Dan Osterrath Dan.Osterrath at gmx.de
Thu Jul 29 02:24:37 PDT 2004

Am Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2004 11:14 schrieb Uli Fahrenberg:
> Dan Osterrath, Jul 29, 10:57 +0200:
> > Try a "good luck" google search on "Ronals Hummelink". You will see
> > your are not the only one having issues with him.
>
> Interesting: On google.de, your receipt works (and turns out the post
> Greg referred to in his mail). On google.com, it doesn't. Here you get a
> post by Ronald to the patches list, with some dejagnu patches.

In deed interesting. I thought google has one unique database and not one for
every localized frontend.

> Lessons learned:
>
> 1; "Good luck" means something different for german people (heck we knew
> that before didn't we)

Damn. What came to my mind when posting this?!?

> 2; Ronald Hummelink is not Evil[tm]. His contributions to LFS are
> numerous and valuable. That said, his ego appears to be even bigger than
> that, and I fully support Gerard's efforts for fixing things. Even
> though I wonder what personal reasons allow him to spend time on LFS
> again, 'cause when my kid was three months old, I didn't have time for
> anything...

I just wanted to show that others have problems with him, too. I didn't want
to call him evil or disclaim his efforts. But what are these efforts worth
when he kicks other developers out of LFS?

> 3; Note that I'm trying to move this to -chat.

Accepted.