LFS Boot Cd

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Jul 29 10:00:16 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 08:00:18AM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hmmm. If I created a /tools dir on the cd, when it's time to link it,
> would a 'ln -sf $LFS/tools /' work?  If so, I'd have to make a note on
> the cd to include the -f ...

I was thinking of including an actual symlink on the CD.

However, I just realized that ISO-9660 doesn't support symlinks without
Rock Ridge extensions (and maybe it doesn't even support them *with* RR
extensions, I'm not sure).  Then again, straight ISO-9660 doesn't
support lowercase filenames, either, or ones longer than 14 characters.

Well, wait a minute -- is that even how this boot CD works?  (I haven't
yet tried it.)  Or is there an ext3 FS-in-a-file somewhere?