Cross-lfs

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Jul 29 17:37:13 PDT 2004

rl at nezumi.plus.com wrote:
>On 2004-07-29 09:50:47 +0000, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>>
>> For those not following -hackers, myself and fellow hacker Finn Thain
>> have been hammering away for a fair while now on a full cross-build
>> replacement for the ch5 toolchain build method.
>>
>Probably a bit late, but I had horrendous problems getting cross
>compilers to work until I found:
>http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/

Cross-tool cannot build glibc-2.3.[34] with nptl.
It also cannot build a bi-arch (multi-lib) cross-toolchain, nor due to
its reliance on using --with-sysroot can you use it for older gcc's.

Cross-tool is handy if you are building a cross-toolchain to target an
existing (embedded) system, but it doesn't quite help us for our
purposes.

[R]