LFS Boot Cd

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 29 19:24:54 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Notes from second host.  This one is a pure scsi box - a Compaq DeskPro
6000.

Pros:  Lots of hardware was found that I was not expecting on both the
2.4 and 2.6 kernels.  I like the bootspash on the 1024 boot option.

2.6 errors

1.  I got an error from vesafb on the 267-1024 boot option:

     vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6

and so the bootsplash did not come up and the console defaulted to
normal vga mode.

2.  Interesting that the 2.4 kernel found the sound card and modem via
isapnp, but the 2.6 one did not find either.

Other than these and the other stuff, looks good.

James