Comments for LFS-Book V6.0-testing-200407022

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Sat Jul 31 07:12:07 PDT 2004

<snip>
> LFS needs searchable archives.  Going through the archives on the web is
> painful at best.  The alternative, downloading the archive and
> viewing/searching in {vi,insert editor of choice} is our only real
> alternative.  Google doesn't seem to search the LFS lists like it does
> some others.
<snip>
Firstly, LFS does have searchable archives at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/search.html and you can even now specify
which list you want to search on specifically. Secondly, Google does
search the LFS lists as I've done it several times. I don't mean to be
hostile (as it sounded re-reading this post), but I just want to point
out that this part of your post was incorrect.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182