Printed book update -- SVN-testing freeze

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 31 13:31:26 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 13:06, M.Canales.es wrote:
> Done using profiles.

Excellent, thanks.

> For this is needed create and use an alternate index-print.xml file.

Okay, sounds good. Anybody available who can quickly whip one up and put
it in the testing branch?

> All this is already in the stylesheets, except the sections numeration. Are
> this numbers required or not?.

I'd like to see those numbers yes. Please add them.

> Review this example before commint my changes, please:
>
> http://www.macana-es.con/pruebas/lfs-print-20040730.pdf

Just for the record for anybody else wanting to download it, it's .com
not .con

That PDF looks good Manuel. The internal links are translated with a
page number, for instance it says "In Chapter 5[p25]". Please remove
those [p25] page references.

The rest looks real good already, thanks. I'll have a much closer look
after I get my textual changes in. We may need to do some typesetting of
the text to make it look pretty which could include forced paragraph and
page breaks, but I usually try to stay away from those (they take a lot
more time to maintain). I'll let you know of course.