Printed book update -- SVN-testing freeze

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 31 14:27:23 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 15:09, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> I'd like to propose to the community that we consider testing in version
> freeze, with the exception of Nathan's final LFS-Bootscripts tarball.
> Nathan, you said you'd be releasing a rc-type version of the tarball
> tomorrow, right?  If so, testers, lets get some builds running!

Then we are in agreement. Testing is frozen as of now. I'm sure nobody
will disagree anyways so waiting longer just causes more delays. It'll
be renamed to something more appropriate like 6.x-branch and I'll start
getting the text updated. Those will be large changes, basically all has
been rewritten to be more uniform and such.

The bootscripts can still be updated because it doesn't make a
difference to the book really (other than a version number change). And
there's that what Bruce suggested by including the contents of the
bootscripts and patches. Again, something that can be included rapidly
and doesn't need to be edited -- just an as-is inclusion of a text file.