Printed book update -- SVN-testing freeze

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 31 14:27:21 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 15:14 -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> But, where is the line drawn? Bootscripts, patches. How about package
> source code? I know it's ridiculous to propose, but technically
> speaking, it isn't. Just some food for thought.

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing, that at that rate, you
might as well take the next step and print the sources. ;) I don't
really see the need to print the patches.  The average lfser doesn't
read the patches, just applies them.  Perhaps the bootscripts too,
though there is more likelihood that a user will read/edit those.

Once you've downloaded them, there's nothing stopping you opening them
up and taking a peek then.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net