Printed book update -- SVN-testing freeze

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sat Jul 31 15:08:18 PDT 2004

> On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 15:38, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>> It may not be possible for this edition, but wouldn't it be nice to
>> include a cd with a printed book?  Include on the cd all the packages &
>> patches you would need and a nice host system for building?  Just a
>> thought...
>
> We did that with the previous book and will do this again this round
> most likely. I just have to talk to the publisher and coordinate it.
> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> It would be nice to include one of the few flavours of bootable CDs that
> are out now. Any suggestions on that one?

Chris Lingard, Jeremy H and myself were actually just talking the other
day about attempting to create a hardware-neutral bootcd based on the
current LFS.  What kind of time frame are we looking at having if we would
want to include that, G?  It wouldn't be anything too fancy, but it could
at least be made to be able to get online, and include the packages on it,
since we're in version freeze now.  I would have also liked to have a copy
of the book HTML on the CD as well, but that might be difficult to
arrange.

-J-