Printed book update -- SVN-testing freeze

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 31 15:25:22 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> That's funny. I was thinking the same thing, that at that rate, you
> might as well take the next step and print the sources. ;) I don't
> really see the need to print the patches.  The average lfser doesn't
> read the patches, just applies them.  Perhaps the bootscripts too,
> though there is more likelihood that a user will read/edit those.

And even more importantly, the likelihood of someone being able to type
in the patches successfully from the book is very nearly zero percent.
As already mentioned in another part of this thread, if the book is
going to include a CD with the patches on it, I see no need to print the
patches in the book.

I also don't see any need to print the bootscripts in the book, unless
there is going to be a chapter that explains their contents.