Printed book update -- SVN-testing freeze

conathan at conet.dyndns.org conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 31 16:03:29 PDT 2004

> On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 14:51, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I don't know if you have the time to do it, but for a printed book I'd
>> print out the bootscripts as an appendix.  The book would seem kinda
>> incomple without them.  We will be doing this in BLFS.
>>
>> I'd also consider printing out the patches.
>
> There will be time enough. It's easy to import the text files into XML
> and add a few XML tags.
>
> But, where is the line drawn? Bootscripts, patches. How about package
> source code? I know it's ridiculous to propose, but technically
> speaking, it isn't. Just some food for thought.
>
> --
> Gerard Beekmans

just so you know, I have this nagging feeling some scripts have spaces,
and some have tabs.  [/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions seems to consist of
spaces for some reason...].  also, if printed, the comments should be
doublechecked for consistency.

I wont have time to do that for a week or two, unless someone else here
wanted to take on the job.