LFS Bootscripts 2.2.2-rc1 released, requires testing

conathan at conet.dyndns.org conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 31 16:33:16 PDT 2004

Just a coupple minor things added:

a) a new optional service, type in make install-service-mtu to try it.

cat > /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0/mtu << "EOF"
SERVICE=mtu
MTU=1600
EOF

(sets maximum amounts of bytes per packet, I believe...  [I commented it
that way, so I really hope I am right])

I also hope I coded it right );

b) loadproc/killproc/reloadproc has been updated, with DJ's patch.  I
never personally tested it, but looks sane.  (more or less, the check for
PIDFILE=, is done in getpids instead of the first 3 functions).  Also
dropped optional signals for now...

some ancient stuff,

Added the PEER variable to the ifconfig.*/* file, within the
ipv4-static-route service.  I believe Kevin tested this before submitting
this, but just want to make sure.

Once al the above is tested, I shall release 2.2.2