Purpose of the FAQ

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 1 16:13:30 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess said the following on 02-06-2004 00:35:
> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:02:40 +0200
> Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>

>>It seems to me that the minimal host requirements should be documented
>>in the book itself, since the book should be able to teach a user
>>without the FAQ.
>
> I thought it had already been decided that accurately determining the
> minimum host requirements for an LFS build was out of scope (or simply
> unachievable in any kind of complete state) for the project?  I know

We already have a page ready for inclusion on
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=BuildingHostKernel

So you see, it's certainly not unachievable to state minimal versions!

Beyond that, I think it's within the scope of LFS to define its target
audience and its minimal host requirements. But without a clear LFS
manifesto, we can debate this endlessly...

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans