Purpose of the FAQ

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 1 17:03:26 PDT 2004

Jon said the following on 02-06-2004 01:30:

> Why not reword the section to have people use the bootcds.  There could be a
> "release" cd that includes the packages tarball and this would resolve all
> of the issues about a host not meeting requirements.  All other distros use
> CD's as the primary install method.  No reason we should not that I can
> think of.

LFS is not a distro, it's a book which teaches about the inner workings
of a Linux system by building one from the source. Thus, while a boot CD
is a very handy companion, it doesn't serve the primary goal of LFS and
thus shouldn't be a requirement or assumption.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans