Udev in b6_0: to be or not to be

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 1 19:07:58 PDT 2004

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:45:31 +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

>> We are probably defining Testing differently.  I treat Testing as "LFS
>> as a whole".  Is the unit working to produce the correct results (i.e.
>> teach, stability).
>
> That's what I envisioned the "stable" branch to be - i.e. once it's in
> stable, there's essentially "no going back" - only minor
> wording/spelling/grammar adjustments are made at this stage.
>

> Matt.

This is why BLFS has to decide on a branch.  If BLFS CVS is written for
Testing and packages get pulled, we could have quite a mess to clean up
{under the current environment, it's more likely that bootscripts will
have to be cleaned up). If it follows stable, than it has to catch up when
testing moves to stable. I haven't finalized my opinion yet and have not
even talked to the rest of the editors.

Larry