Purpose of the FAQ

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 2 06:50:32 PDT 2004

Jim Gifford said the following on 02-06-2004 09:04:
> I agree some of this information needs be recorded in the FAQ. It was in the
> original FAQ a long time back, it recommened distro's to use.

IIRC, I was the one who added it.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html#what-dist

> As far as the WIKI goes, I hate it. It is not user friendly and has no way
> to go back.  I would recommend going to a living FAQ that is a little more
> organized.

A wiki has excellent page history functions, that's one of its main
strengths. And as long as I'm FAQ maintainer, I think I'll reserve the
right to choose how to structure & implement it :-)

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans