New Beta Bootscript Package 20040601

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 10:35:44 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

>> The udev script will either pass udev or hotplug to
>> /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug (both are currently untested as of yet, but 99%
>> sure they work).
>
> The solution is wrong, because there is still a small time window for
> unexpected hotplug events.

Sorry Alexander, but I am confused; (this is not unusual).

I have S00mountkernfs, S10udev and S15Hotplug in  /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/

The hotplug script is supposed to catch previous events, and says:

#               On startup, may simulate hotplug events for devices \
#               that were present at boot time, before filesystems \
#               (or other resources) used by hotplug agents were available.

I do not understand the problem, (bad sign), please explain.

Chris