Hotplug patches from Debian

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Fri Jun 4 04:10:56 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov said the following on 04-06-2004 11:32:
>

>> need to decide what to do with network interface hotplug. Together
>> with our custom initscript, there will be 8 (eight!) LFS-related
>> changes to this package. It's probably too much for a single package,
>> isn't it?
>
> How many of our patches should be (are) submitted upstream? Is the
> hotplug implementation so dependent on distro-specifics that we need so
> many patches?

5(+1?) bugfixes, from them 1 is submitted and 4(+1?) are in Debian; 1
new feature; 2 LFS-specific patches. And one kernel bugfix not submitted
to LKML yet. Details:

-bogus-deps-1.patch: bugfix, submitted upstream, no response

-device-2.patch: bugfix, similar but different thing is already in
Debian, needs more testing

-isapnp-2.patch: new features, unofficial, not well tested, composed
from upstream contributions.

-overcurrent-1.patch: bugfix(?), similar thing is in Debian, not in the
book yet

-cosmetic-2.patch: replaced by an initscript in LFS-bootscripts,
LFS-specific

-empty-lines-1.patch: bugfix, taken from Debian, will submit to the
patches project

-ieee1394-env-1.patch: bugfix(kludge?), taken from Debian, will submit
to the patches project

-net-agent-1.patch: LFS-specific code for hotplugging network
interfaces. Not written yet

(?) -usb-wait-1.patch: "bugfix"/kludge, in Debian, requested by Ian
Molton. Not a real fix. Implementation is Debian-specific. Probably
won't submit to the patches project

-no-hotplug-default-1.patch: Must be modified to account for notes by
Alex Galakhov on linux-hotplug-devel (these changes don't affect LFS)
and be submitted to LKML.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .