Purpose of the FAQ

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Fri Jun 4 06:33:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Matthew Burgess said the following on 02-06-2004 00:35:
> > On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:02:40 +0200
> > Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> ><snip>

> Beyond that, I think it's within the scope of LFS to define its target
> audience and its minimal host requirements. But without a clear LFS
> manifesto, we can debate this endlessly...

I agree, but haven't seen great desire to accomplish that on the part of
the teams responsible for the missing pieces. For my part, I accepted
the futility of *my* effort some time back. I hope that your effort is
more fruitful. I still see great value in the mission statements for the
teams. 1) New user orientation and attraction, 2) Increased desire to
contribute by (new) community members, 3) re-hash reduction, 4) etc.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet