LFS Package GPG Signature

Roel Neefs geryon at gaosu.rave.org
Mon Jun 7 11:11:54 PDT 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 19:33, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> I hate to see the book abuse the RTFM-mentality in order not to
> provide information about a subject, however basic it may seem to you
> or someone else well-versed into the subject. The extreme side of
> your POV would reduce the book to a package list with RTFM's in it!
> :-) If the book won't provide such information, I'll be sure to make
> it available on the site, as I'm sure there *is* a need for such
> information.

And imho that's where it should be, it has nothing to do with lfs
itself, only with the way to get the packages.
But i really don't see a reason why it is necessary, at no point in the
book we explain something that is that easy to find for yourself in
--help or man if it's not important for the understanding of the whole
lfs.

LFS is beginning to become a more and more linux newbie oriented book,
and i don't like that change, it is a hell for support.

--
Roel Neefs
http://lfs.rave.org/lfs/news.html and ftp://gaosu.rave.org/pub/linux/lfs