LFS Package GPG Signature

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 7 12:03:34 PDT 2004

Roel Neefs said the following on 07-06-2004 20:11:

> LFS is beginning to become a more and more linux newbie oriented book,
> and i don't like that change, it is a hell for support.

Where has it become more newbie oriented? If anything, the move to
2.6/NPTL raises the bar, especially by requiring the user to built a 2.6
kernel before LFS actually begins. Providing references to *external*
documentation is not a signal of the book becoming more newbie-friendly,
if anything, it stresses the scope and boundaries of the book and sets
the required knowledge to build an LFS system. But I understand how this
can be seen as a sign that LFS becomes more newbie oriented. Education
seems to be a less important goal then the building of a custom system,
at least, that seems to be the current trend.

BTW is support really increasing, or is that just an assumption? The
support lists seem to be very quiet lately, but I can't speak for IRC.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans