LFS Package GPG Signature

Roel Neefs geryon at gaosu.rave.org
Mon Jun 7 16:28:41 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 00:59, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> > It is increasing, not on the lists but on IRC, a lot of people are
> > helped their daily with their lfsing, not just the 3-4 support
> > mails on the list :)
>
> I wonder how this comes? Is it because users get better/faster
> answers on IRC, or because the lists have become more hostile?

I don't think it's the latter, unless you're on lfs-dev you don't see
much of the hostility (well, "discussions" ;) ).
Most people we see there went straight to irc, and several of them also
stay there to help others. The quick responsiveness is certainly an
advantage. And perhaps the fact that you don't have to show your
"problem" to the whole list is a factor as well, dunno really.

--
Roel Neefs
http://lfs.rave.org/lfs/news.html and ftp://gaosu.rave.org/pub/linux/lfs