LFS Package GPG Signature

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Jun 7 17:54:59 PDT 2004

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:02:49 +0200
Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> When you're lazy, make sure to incorporate the act of backups in your
> regular workflow :-)

Funnily enough that sort of thing is part of my planned setup here.

Im gonna buiild a PC under the floorboards and ALL the harddiscs are
going in it (with adequate cooling).

Having done that, all the other machines will netboot from it, and it
will store all their data.

the only noise in the room will be the heatpipe exhaust in the two
shuttles and the 'server' will be silent and discless (thats
www.mnementh.co.uk to you)

The central machine will also run some type of repo on it too.

and yes, it, itself, will be backed up regularly onto DVD.

its gonna start at 240GB and go up from there. Let the leech begin ;-)

Anyone got a good 'raid for dummies' howto? in particular, I want to be
able to extend the filesystem without repartitioning as I add new
drives...