LFS Package GPG Signature

Ronald Hummelink maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 7 18:38:04 PDT 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

>On Mon, June 07, 2004 at 18:53 -0500, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
>

>>Randy McMurchy wrote:
>>

>>>If these question/answer sessions were archived, the support
>>>level would decrease, as more and more common questions are
>>>available via search mechanisms.
>>>

>>Device me a way to properly search in the archives. I have fairly
>>complete logs (in raw irc!) in the ircbot's database of the past 5
>>months or so.
>>

>I don't understand your question. I don't know what you
>mean by "Device me a way to ....." I'm glad you have an
>archive of the irc, this is your personal archive, or is
>it publically available?
>
>If it's available to anyone, then I'm just plain wrong.
>I've never used irc, ever. Never really have had a need.
>So maybe I'm just full of bunk. I just figured these
>chat sessions were private chat sessions, not archived
>for the general public to peruse.
>
>My apologies for lack of understanding of the technology.

The IRC channel is public, there is no reason to withhold logs, however,
irc by itself doesn't provide the logging functionality so it has to be
done by a logging irc bot.

The logs are not publically evailable, i never bothered to make an
interface to it.
The ircbot logs to a mysql table so a web interface by itself is trivial.

What i do not intend to do is to develop a search engine to search these
logs, i do not posess the knowledge to do that algorythm.
What I meant with "device me a way" is to send me the code or detailed
instructions to search properly into the logs.

Ronald