LFS Package GPG Signature

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Mon Jun 7 18:50:24 PDT 2004

On Mon, June 07, 2004 at 20:38 -0500, Ronald Hummelink wrote:

> What i do not intend to do is to develop a search engine to search these
> logs, i do not posess the knowledge to do that algorythm.
> What I meant with "device me a way" is to send me the code or detailed
> instructions to search properly into the logs.

I would have no clue either. My whole point in what I said
earlier was that by using irc, the support dialog is not
archived. Using the mailing lists, it is.

Archives can be searched. When folks ask questions, it does
not come off as curt or rude, instead it's quite helpful to
say: "You know, I remember last week/month/whatever, that
question was asked; you may want to search the archives, as
I know the solution was provided there."

The first time someone finds an answer they're looking for,
they'll be hooked on searching archives before asking
questions. And that's just one more person who can start
looking out for himself.

Wouldn't you think?

--
Randy