Udev-027

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Mon Jun 14 17:18:52 PDT 2004

I'm building Unstable and while downloading Udev, I noticed
there's a version increment, just released today. The existing
patch installs clean, though the changelog mentions it fixes
some permission issues. In fact, here's the ChangeLog data:

Summary of changes from v026 to v027

<fork0:users.sf.net>:
  o fix handle leak in udev_lib.c

Greg Kroah-Hartman:
  o tweak the gentoo default permission rules as they are
    wrong for tty and misc devices

Just thought I'd mention this. I'm just building the tools
directory now, though almost finished. Does anyone have a
report on this new version yet. It'll prolly be tomorrow
evening sometime 'till I build Udev for real.

Does anyone see any harm in using this new version for the
tools directory, and test it out?

Thanks,
Randy