Question About Unstable "Host system requirements"

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Mon Jun 14 21:50:52 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm having big-time problems with the Chapter 6 glibc
nptl test suite. Glibc builds fine, however, "make check"
reports numerous failures during the nptl tests. Searching
the archives and a little googleing comes up with the
following as perhaps the problem.

This is the output from "cat /proc/version"

Linux version 2.6.4 (rml at rmlinux) (gcc version 2.95.3 20010315
(release)) #1 Thu Mar 18 18:19:32 CST 2004

I read a couple of messages saying the kernel compiled with
2.95.3 is troublesome. Is this in fact a problem?

If so, should the prerequisites (host system requirements)
page say something about this?

My apologies if I've chosen the wrong list to post to. I'm
really not looking for support, as much as just acknowledgment
that this is indeed a problem. My goal is to eliminate others
from encountering this issue, perhaps the book needs to be
updated with information about using gcc-2.95.3 to compile
a 2.6.x kernel.

--
Randy