Question About Unstable "Host system requirements"

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Mon Jun 14 22:02:48 PDT 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having big-time problems with the Chapter 6 glibc
> nptl test suite. Glibc builds fine, however, "make check"
> reports numerous failures during the nptl tests. Searching
> the archives and a little googleing comes up with the
> following as perhaps the problem.
>
> This is the output from "cat /proc/version"
>
> Linux version 2.6.4 (rml at rmlinux) (gcc version 2.95.3 20010315
> (release)) #1 Thu Mar 18 18:19:32 CST 2004
>
> I read a couple of messages saying the kernel compiled with
> 2.95.3 is troublesome. Is this in fact a problem?
<snip>

Yes. This is the cause of your failures. The good news is that I am told
that the NPTL binaries built should be fine. It's only that while you
are running a 2.6 kernel compiled with gcc-2.x the testsuite will fail.
I wouldn't worry about it and just move on.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182