Kernel page, once again

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 15 22:51:38 PDT 2004

Roel Neefs said the following on 16-06-2004 06:22:

> I think the community has seen enough now of these mails Jeroen, udev
> works, the majority of the community wants udev in, Matt made a
> decision, please try to respect those. There's no pointing in bringing
> the subject up every couple days.

I didn't bring up the subject, and I was very careful to not suggest the
removal of udev/hotplug. However, I can't help it if my previous views
are deemed correct by others; especially not if a knowledgable editor
about the subject states it that way.

PS don't try to attribute your opinion to the community; there have been
positive reactions to my mails too. The discussion so far has been very
constructive, working towards a solution within the given paramaters.
Let's try to keep it that way.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans