net-tools-1.60: DECnet support doesn't link

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Tue Jun 15 23:25:01 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 18:29, Kevin P. Fleming wrote...
> >I second that. We should at least point out that some functionality of
> >this package might not be available w/o installing additional software.
>
> I don't think we can set that precedent; otherwise we'd have to do the
> same for every other package in the book that includes optional features
> that we don't supply dependencies for. Even the BLFS book can't do that
> for every package.

Is there any other software like that in the LFS book?

The only things that come to my mind off-hand are net-tools, shadow (PAM
support, possibly?), and inetutils (encryption).

Besides, there's a precedent already, sort of: vim ;-)

Bye,
Oliver
--
It's practically impossible to look at a   /\   #198843 @ http://counter.li.org