Kernel page, once again

Richard A Downing FBCS richard at 109bean.org.uk
Wed Jun 16 05:13:19 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Judging from the reponse we got with the initial development of BE-LFS,
> there's a LOT of people who are using unstable.  Unfortunately, none of
> those people are here on LFS-Dev lending their experiences (good or
> bad).  So we have the precious few of us who have been experimenting
> with it, trying to bring along the people that for whatever reason, are
> afraid of doing so.

Just for the record, I'm running BE-LFS as my workstation.  Lotsa little
niggles that I can't fix yet, but then, I'm not very clever:

1) ALSA only outputs to the rear speakers on my EMU10K1 board - I seem
to be the only person in the world to experience this - probably not the
toolchain, this one (probably the brain-chain is off it's spocket)!

2) nVidia's 5336 drivers - compiled here with 3.4 - do NOT give me any
hardware acceleration from my Riva TNT2 Ultra board.  In fact Glxgears
runs slower with these drivers than the nv driver in X0rg-6.7.0.  May be
something to do with the new toolchain, or sysfs.

3) All the problems reported in lfs.hackers, and solved using the
patches, thanks.

Richard

--
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP