Kernel page, once again

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 16 06:06:58 PDT 2004

Ian Molton wrote:

>>if
>>the book is going to require significant changes to support _MODULAR_
>>kernels
>

> It doesnt. Im running one NOW and its working beautifully.

While I can't disagree with your personal experiences, the issues
Alexander has raised regarding udev/hotplug and modular drivers cannot
be ignored. If you can provide evidence that these issues do not have to
be addressed in the way that he has proposed, please do so. Just saying
"I use a modular kernel and it works" is not enough.