Kernel page, once again

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jun 16 06:29:34 PDT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:08:03 -0700
"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Contrary to what I posted before, it appears that the current 2.6
> kernel does not "hide" the module unloading option behind an
> EXPERIMENTAL tag any longer, so obviously things have moved towards
> modules being more fully supported than they were earlier during 2.6
> development.

ah, thats why you think modules werent supported?

the 2.6 stuff was marked experimental because its totally new and
replaced the 2.4 stuff - it cant be anything but experimental because
its simply not been around long enough. Its not evidence that it isnt
supported.

(conversely, some of the worst maintained drivers are non-experimental
ones...