udev/hotplug: A call for testers

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Wed Jun 16 17:01:03 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>On Wednesday 16 June 2004 07:29 pm, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>

>>When I run the tests, I get 25 failures in the wordexp-test in the
>>posix subdirectory.  In the glibc-build/posix directory is an
>>executable.  If I run this file, it gives the errors.  If I run it
>>under while not in chroot, it gives 5 failures.  If I copy it to
>>belgareth, it still gives 5 errors. I uploaded to file to
>>http://sol.sac.accd.edu/~bdubbs/wordexp-test .  If I could get
>>someone who has a working be-lfs system to download it and tell me
>>what errors they get, it would help me to move on.
>>
>>  -- Bruce
>>

>Bruce I just ran the test on my BE-LFS system.  Attached is the output.
>If you want specifics on my machine and build, I can let you know...

Hmm.. Thanks.  These are some of my failures.   Right now I'm stumped.
I'm not sure how to proceed.  I don't know if this is a gcc-3.4 issue, a
glibc issue, a linux 2.6 issue (probably not), or what.  I'm going to
try building glibc on the host system and see what errors I get.  I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

  -- Bruce

Test 14 ($(echo :abc:)): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo :abc:)>, need retval 0, wordc 2
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 15 ($(echo :abc:\ )): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo :abc:\ )>, need retval 0, wordc 2
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 16 ($(echo :abc\ )): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo :abc\ )>, need retval 0, wordc 2
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 17 ($(echo $var)): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo $var)>, need retval 0, wordc 2
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 18 (:abc:): OK
Test 19 ($(echo :abc:)def): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo :abc:)def>, need retval 0, wordc 3
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 20 ($(echo abc:de)f): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo abc:de)f>, need retval 0, wordc 2
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 21 ($(echo abc:de)f:ghi): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo abc:de)f:ghi>, need retval 0, wordc 2
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 22 (abc:d$(echo ef:ghi)): FAILED
Test words: <abc:d$(echo ef:ghi)>, need retval 0, wordc 2
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 23 ($var$(echo def:ghi)): FAILED
Test words: <$var$(echo def:ghi)>, need retval 0, wordc 3
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 24 ($var$(echo ef:ghi)): FAILED
Test words: <$var$(echo ef:ghi)>, need retval 0, wordc 3
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 25 ($(echo abc:)$var): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo abc:)$var>, need retval 0, wordc 3
Got retval 5, wordc 99:
Test 26 ($(echo abc:d)$var): FAILED
Test words: <$(echo abc:d)$var>, need retval 0, wordc 3
Got retval 5, wordc 99: