udev/hotplug: A call for testers

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Wed Jun 16 18:56:49 PDT 2004

David Jensen wrote:
> On 06/16/04 17:09:57, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> As you are no doubt aware, there are some issues surrounding udev &
>> hotplug in the current unstable book.  The unstable branch is by no
>> means in a fit state to promote to "testing" yet, so this is a  request
>> for folks to start testing the current instructions (at
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/unstable/) to see exactly
>> what
>> problems there are.  I'd prefer people to focus their attention on  the
>> udev and hotplug configuration for obvious reasons, but any other
>> constructive comments are welcome too of course.
>>

> i'm using; CVS-20040529
>
> everything comes up automagic except the psII mouse.

Detection of PS/2 mouse requires CONFIG_PNPBIOS=y in kernel .config, and
the isapnp hardware detection patch for hotplug.

You specified the list of loaded modules, but that is not enough
information. Please attach your .config and the output of the following
command:

find /dev

Also, do you use Zacks "modules" script?
--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr \!-: a-z | tr n .