make check discussion

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Thu Jun 17 00:53:08 PDT 2004

I've finally gotten through glibc in chapter 6 with no errors.  As I'm
reading the book, however, it seems that the location of the discussion
of make check errors is in the wrong place.  They're mostly in Chapter 5
where the instructions say don't do it.  In Chapter 6, the instructions
say to run the checks, but then point back to Chapter 5 for discussion.

It seems to me that the discussion should be where  the checks are
recommended (i.e., Chapter 6) and the pointers to the discussion should
be in Chapter 5 where is says "You can do it, but we don't recommend it."

  -- Bruce