udev/hotplug: A call for testers

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Thu Jun 17 01:17:51 PDT 2004

David Jensen wrote:
> i'm using; CVS-20040529
>
> everything comes up automagic except the psII mouse.
> odd the usb joystick is up, no mouse:(

And no snd-pcm-oss. That cannot be called a success. Maybe all people
who report success with udev+hotplug+modules are just very tolerant to
bugs and don't see them? What proof of success (besides the output of
"lsmod ; find /dev") should we require?

On the other side, I was always said to be an unfixable pessimist that
sees only bad things and sees them immediately.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr \!-: a-z | tr n .