glibc make check error

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Jun 17 16:56:00 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess said:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:18:01 -0700 (PDT)
> "Jeremy Utley" <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:
>
>> That would be on a chapter 6 build.  In chapter 5, we build as LFS,
>> which with the current book instructions, would *PROBABLY* get
>> assigned GID 100, which may or may not exist.  It of course, depends
>> on the host system and how their useradd command works.
>
> Is there any benefit in us adding an 'lfs' group to the host and then
> specifying it with the '-g' flag to `useradd` to take any host-dependent
> behaviour out of the equation?

Personally, I think it might be a good idea.  Something like this would work:

groupadd lfs
useradd -g lfs -m -k /dev/null -s /bin/bash lfs

This is exactly the process I use when adding a user lfs to an existing
lfs system, except that I always force a certain uid/gid - but for book
purposes this really isn't necessary.

-J-